The WG dedicated to the study of cardiovascular aspects of neurological pathology focused on the study of cardiovascular aspects of some neurological disorders, mainly neurodegenerative, according to a multidisciplinary approach. The research activities, to be part of future specific projects, aimed at:
- the study of the relationship between migraine and arterial hypertension, with particular regard to the role that elevated BP values, via endothelial dysfunction, may play in the mechanisms of disease chronicization;
- the identification of predictive markers of vulnerability of carotid atherosclerotic plaques; the blood pressure correlates of Parkinsons’s disease with or without dysautonomia, and parkinsonisms;
- the evaluation of the relationship between the 24h-BP profile and orthostatic hypotension, and between silent ischemic heart disease and adrenergic stimulation tests (cold pressor test, CPT) in patients with diabetes and hypertension;
- the study of cardiovascular aspects of mild cognitive impairment (MCI) and Alzheimer’s disease in comorbidity with diabetes (also using near-infrared spectroscopy, NIRS);
- the study of the role of psychotropic molecules (benzodiazepines and others) on cardiovascular risk.
- the study of the relationships between anxiety/stress/depression and cardiovascular disease, focusing on neurotrophic and humoral factors, such as neurotransmitters, neuropeptides, neurotrophins, eicosanoids and hormones.
- the study of the relationship between myocardial infarction and cdrbral ischemic disease with particular attention to the potential predictive role of soluble factors and extracellular vesicles in the crosstalk between brain and heart damage.
Prof. Alfredo Costa
Fondazione IRCCS Istituto Neurologico Nazionale Mondino
CENTRO CARDIOLOGICO MONZINO Silvia Barbieri– AUXOLOGICO Carolina Lombardi – FONDAZIONE CA’ GRANDA Anna Colli- OSPEDALE SAN RAFFAELE – MARIO NEGRI Maria Grazia De Simoni – OSPEDALE PEDIATRICO BAMBINO GESU’ Marcello Chinali – POLICLINICO SAN MATTEO Eloisa Arbustini – FONDAZIONE MAUGERI Marco Ambrosetti – HUMANITAS Giuseppe Ferrante – SAN RAFFAELE PISANA Maurizio Volterrani – ISMETT IRCCS Vincenza Lo Re – NEUROMED Daniela Carnevale – IRCCS OSPEDALE POLICLINICO SAN MARTINO Fabrizio Montecucco – ISTITUTO GIANNINA GASLINI Martino Cheli – IRCCS POLICLINICO UNIVERSITARIO AGOSTINO GEMELLI Tommaso Sanna